Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cold Coffee

On a morning like this one, which has already been full of wonderful, irreplaceably beautiful moments, I am grateful to note how the taste of cold coffee warms me.

Because we got up leisurely, taking our time to tenderly wake each other up, and because we are continuing our morning "getting things done at home," it has been fun to note the domesticity of it all. A little, silly, annoyance about the coffee maker still being plugged in (because we want to be energy-conscious and not leave things plugged in when they are not being used) led me to unplug it, only to later learn that it was not completely empty/finished. Now the cold coffee that has resulted, and which I am drinking, makes me grateful to know that I am living here, that I will surely go on making incorrect assumptions and that I will continue to learn from them because they will always be shared with a man who listens and whom I trust enough to risk being wrong.

No comments: