Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waking UP

Sometimes I hate waking up in the morning; the disdain of getting out of a warm bed on a cold morning, knowing that I haven't had enough sleep, worry for what the demanding day will pull out of me...but today I am invited to find reasons to be grateful for it. I realized this morning at around 6:30 while taking a wonderfully hot and soothing shower that I love what the morning holds in its quiet and slow awakening each day. I used to embrace this part of the day with much more enthusiasm, which I have somehow lost the more and more I have become focused on work and getting it done. The morning is not concerned with such things; it does not worry about the time it needs to wake up and become the day that it has been able to create through its waking. I think there is a lesson to be learned from observing the world and I am grateful today for what it has taught me, yet again.

No comments: